Undergraduate work at Lewis & Clark leads to the bachelor of arts degree. The basic requirements for the degree are as follows:*
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 128 semester credits. A maximum of 60 semester credits in one academic department may be included in the 128 credits required for graduation.
- Academic residency is defined as 60 semester credits taken at Lewis & Clark. Only four credits of transfer coursework that is earned after the student reaches senior status (93 credits) may be applied to the degree.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher.
- Satisfactory completion of the General Education requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of a major program approved by the chair of the appropriate department or by the Curriculum Subcommittee on Petitions, Appeals, and Student-Designed Majors. Students are required to complete at least 20 semester credits of coursework offered by the major department at Lewis & Clark.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher in all majors and minors.
*Graduation requirements in this catalog apply to students entering Lewis & Clark in fall 2017 or later. Other students are subject to the requirements in effect when they entered and should refer to the appropriate catalog.